Membership with the North Portland Tool Library is free and entitles you to borrow from our inventory of over 1,500 tools.
To sign up, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a resident of North Portland (i.e. your address is North ______ Street. Not NE, not NW.)
- Review the NPTL Borrowing Rules (en Español)
- Fill out and sign the Borrower’s Agreement.
- Submit your Borrower’s Agreement, photo ID, and proof of address (see below).
- Submit your paperwork online by sending electronic copies (photos, scans, screenshots, etc.) to email@example.com
- If electronic submission is a substantial hardship for you, we may be able to process your membership in person at the tool library
- To expedite processing of your membership and ensure we have accurate information, please also fill out this form online.
What counts as proof of address?
Bank statement, paystub, or utility bill are the most common (e-statements are fine). A lease works too. If you don’t have any of the above, send an email or drop by and ask us about alternatives. Generally, we’re looking for a recent official document connecting your name and address.