FINES are not fine.….Keeping tool past their due date means they’re not available for other members to use. Starting July 1st members will be put on hold if they owe $20 or more in fines. If this is you talk to us, you can pay down your fine or volunteer it off. We are dedicated to making sure that all our members have access to the tools they need.
Spring is here!!! Everyone is in need of tools, you can donate to NPTL anytime! Lots of folks are short on money these days, which is one reason we’re dedicated to providing free tools, but if every NPTL member donated $5–wait for it!–that would add up to a cool collective 25K for your favorite community organization.
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name, North Portland Tool Library or by our non-profit number 81557.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping (non-profit) earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
We would like to personally thank each and every volunteer who has spent time with us during our “busy” season. We also want to thank those who have worked during a fundraiser or event. It is with your continued support that we are able to offer more to our community and in turn we all grow stronger together. The volunteer opportunities are going to be fewer going forward, but we will still need folks who can give our tools some love, this includes cleaning, sharpen and oiling all the garden tools for winter storage, and moving and reorganizing our shelves for a more convenient winter mode operation. As always, you can come be tool librarian for a few hours to share the love with our community.
Become a “fan” of the North Portland Tool Library on Facebook. It’s an easy way for you to stay connected with the most up to date information from us!
The North Portland Tool Library (NPTL) is a community resource dedicated to building community and fostering sustainability by providing residents with tools and the power to use them. We loan a wide variety of tools to community members free of charge. The NPTL benefits North Portland residents by reducing the costs of maintaining and improving the places in which we live, work, and play. The NTPL support diverse, livable neighborhoods and fosters community pride.