Once again this year NPTL won a place in Willamette Week’s Give!Guide. We’re sharing our spot in the guide with the Southeast Portland Tool Library and the Northeast Portland Tool Library. When you make a Give!Guide donation, you’ll be making it to “Portland Tool Libraries” and helping three tool libraries keep tools in the hands of clever DIYers just like you! Look for the Give!Guide in the November 5th issue of Willamette Week and online.
If you’re feeling loyal only to us, that’s OK too. Remember, you can donate to NPTL anytime! Lots of folks are short on money these days, which is one reason we’re dedicated to providing free tools, but even if you can only give $5 each-wow!-that adds up to a cool 25K to your favorite community organization.
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name, North Portland Tool Library or by our non-profit number 81557.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping (non-profit) earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
We would like to personally thank each and every volunteer who has spent time with us during our “busy” season. We also want to thank those who have worked during a fundraiser or event. It is with your continued support that we are able to offer more to our community and in turn we all grow stronger together. The volunteer opportunities are going to be fewer going forward, but we will still need folks who can give our tools some love, this includes cleaning, sharpen and oiling all the garden tools for winter storage, and moving and reorganizing our shelves for a more convenient winter mode operation. As always, you can come be tool librarian for a few hours to share the love with our community.
Become a “fan” of the North Portland Tool Library on Facebook. It’s an easy way for you to stay connected with the most up to date information from us!
The North Portland Tool Library (NPTL) is a community resource dedicated to building community and fostering sustainability by providing residents with tools and the power to use them. We loan a wide variety of tools to community members free of charge. The NPTL benefits North Portland residents by reducing the costs of maintaining and improving the places in which we live, work, and play. The NTPL support diverse, livable neighborhoods and fosters community pride.