The North Portland Tool Library has only a single quarter-time employee. We are almost entirely volunteer-run. The tool library needs YOU to volunteer!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Join a community
- Credit toward fines
- Letter of reference
When can I volunteeer?
- Mondays from 6:30-8pm are VOLUNTEER NIGHT for volunteers ONLY!
- Tuesdays from 5-7:30pm & Saturdays from 9am to 2:30pm. Drop in or sign up for a full or partial shift in advance in person. Shifts include: front desk, tool repair, and tool guide.
- Irregularly-scheduled events and workshops
Example Drop-in Volunteer Opportunities
- Empty shop vacs and sander/saw dust bags
- Clean garden and tile tools
- Help check tools in and out
- Sign up new members
- Help people figure out what tools they need to use
- Help people fine the tools they need
- Organize paperwork
- Organize tool accessories
- Sort and bag sets (e.g., wrenches)
- Set aside certain items for the tool sale
- Fix broken tools